CA$H Maine

Creating Assets, Savings & Hope

« Back to FAQs

Q. What do I need to bring to my appointment?

Written by New Ventures Maine | Published on January 12, 2016

A.  Please Bring the Following Items to Your Appointment 
If you do not bring everything we will NOT be able to do your taxes

  • Valid photo ID for all tax filers (student ID, driver’s license, government ID)
  • Social Security cards for all listed on the return (including children)
  • Correct birth dates for all listed on the return
  • Copies of ALL W-2, 1098, 1099 forms and the amounts of other income received
  • If you have Affordable Care Act coverage, bring form 1095A.
  • Amount of rent paid or property tax paid in 2015 for the state rebate program. If renting, bring name and phone number of landlord.
  • Bank routing number and account numbers for direct deposit (bring check and/or savings account info)
  • Last year’s tax forms, both state and federal, are helpful but not required.
  • For married couples filing jointly, both must be present to sign the return.

The following items if applicable:

  • W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings
  • All forms 1099, including interest, dividends, pensions, unemployment, state tax refunds, miscellaneous income, SSA-1099, etc.
  • Child and dependent care expense documentation, including amount paid, care provider’s name, address, and TIN or SSN,
  • A list of deductible expenses (property tax, mortgage interest, charitable)