CA$H Maine Opportunity Guides help taxpayers with the intake process, as well as help make them become aware of local programs and services that can help them make the most of their money.
In this position you will:
- Provide high-quality assistance to all taxpayers, regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin or disability, while maintaining the highest-level of client confidentiality.
- Become familiar with and keep up-to-date on CA$H Opportunity Guide resources and tax site policies provided by Site Coordinator and CA$H Maine Asset Building Coordinator.
- Interview taxpayers to collect relevant income tax paperwork. Record contact information, household demographics, and personal financial goals and needs.
- Using resources provided at the tax site, refer taxpayers to programs and services based on their financial goals and needs.
- Ensure taxpayer’s paperwork is complete and accurate prior to seeing a volunteer tax preparer.
- Agree to accept no compensation of any kind for volunteer services provided.
- Attend a CA$H Opportunity Guide training workshop, and become familiar with resources provided at training.
- Be comfortable working with the public in a friendly, helpful and supportive manner.
- Have a willingness to hold one-on-one conversations with taxpayers, and strong communication skills to successfully complete client interviews (interview training skills provided).