CA$H Maine

Creating Assets, Savings & Hope

« Back to FAQs

Q. What if I don’t have the items needed to open a bank or credit union account?

Published on January 7, 2016

A. If you don’t have some of these items, you may want to look into getting them. You can request a new social security card here. The Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) handles driver’s licenses and state id’s. You can find a location here if you need to renew or replace one. Passports can be used as an alternate to a driver’s license or state id. You can find more information about passports here. You can always contact the bank or credit union if you have any questions before you go to open an account.