Did you owe a penalty on this years taxes due to lack of health insurance? Are you concerned about how to pay for insurance? The penalty is going to go up next year, from $95 to $325 per person! Its not too late to enroll in a policy for this year, and avoid the penalty!
You still have a chance to sign up for a 2015 affordable health plan during a new special enrollment period that begins March 15 and ends April 30, 2015.
You could be eligible for this special enrollment period if you:
You won’t have to pay a penalty for not being covered in 2015 if you have health insurance already, or sign up for an affordable health plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace by April 30, 2015.
If you want to sign up during the special enrollment period, see if you are eligible by visiting HealthCare.gov.
If you would like more information regarding the marketplace and the Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare) www.enroll207.com is great resource also.
These Resource guides contain resources and service providers in the counties listed below! Click on the links below to open and download!
We are now accepting appointments for the 2014 tax season! If you would like to schedule an appointment, please look at the list of sites HERE.
For appointments at the Brewer Machias Savings Bank or the Newport Town Office, please give us a call at (207)-941-2800, or you can schedule your own appointment here!
FOR ALL OTHER LOCATIONS: please refer to this list of sites, and contact the site you wish to visit individually. Phone numbers and addresses are listed in this document.
What To Bring To FREE Tax Preparation Appointment:
• Both People Filing (if filing jointly) – we need both signatures!
• Valid Picture I.D. (such as: student ID, driver’s license, government ID).
• Copy of last year’s federal and state tax return.
• Copies of ALL W-2, 1098, 1099 forms and the amount of other income received by you and your spouse (just you, if single).
• Social Security card(s) for you, your spouse, and any others to be shown on the tax return (not just SS numbers!).
• If applicable, bring proof of Social Security statements, college tuition and expenses, property taxes or rent paid, broker statements, mortgage interest, charitable donations, car and other exise taxes, medical expenses, or bank interest.
• Child care provider’s address and tax identification number for Child/Dependent Care Credit.
• YOU CAN DIRECT DEPOSIT YOUR REFUND! Proof of account number for direct deposit is needed. ALSO, be sure you have the correct financial institution routing number for the account in which you wish to deposit funds.
HoMEworks educators and HUD approved Housing Counseling agencies
Family Development Account Coalition – Matched Savings Program — FDAs
The FDA Program enables low-income families to establish savings accounts that will be used to buy a home, pay for education, or start or expand a small business. Participating families establish a savings account to be used toward their identified goal. Matched Savings Programs enhance the money you earn through employment by matching your participant dollars at a 4:1 ratio. For a program description: Click here