York County Homebuyer Education CoursesWritten by York County CA$H | Published on March 5, 2016
Purchasing a home is most likely the largest investment you will make. York County Community Action offer two programs to assist with this process:
- A 10-hour, Homebuyer Education class, offered monthly, that provides honest, accurate information concerning homeownership and prepares individuals for the steps in the homebuying process. Participants earn a Certificate of Completion that is required by ME Housing, USDA Rural Development and other lenders who offer low down-payment mortgage options. The class covers such topics as:
- Are you ready to buy?
- Budgeting for homeownership
- Building credit
- Low down-payment mortgage options
- Working with a realtor
- Home inspections
- Preparing for the closing
- And more…!
- Free, one-on-one pre and post-purchase counseling to help individuals with budgeting, credit and other issues related to buying a home.
Click here to register for class on-line. Click here to register by mail.
YCCAC is committed to excellence in homebuying education and is proud to be a HUD-Certified Housing Counseling Agency.