United Way of Mid Coast Maine is a lead in for the Midcoast CA$H Coalition in partnership with Goodwill Industries of Northern New England and New Ventures Maine (formerly Women, Work and Community).
Midcoast CA$H is a partnership of community leaders including: Bath Housing Authority; Bath Savings Institution; Bowdoin College; CEI; Davenport Trust; First Federal Savings; Goodwill Industries of Northern New England; Internal Revenue Service; KeyBank; Midcoast Community Action Agency; New Ventures Maine (formerly Women, Work & Community); United Way of Mid Coast Maine; University College Bath/Brunswick
- In 2014-2015, we served nearly 600 individuals and families in the Midcoast area, with an average Adjusted Gross Income of $21,112.
- We helped return more than $730,000 in federal refunds alone to taxpayers who desperately needed this boost to pay bills, mortgages, buy food, heating fuel, start a savings account or save for an education.
- We saved people an estimated $103,000 in tax preparation fees (based on the average cost of $175 per return).
- One hundred seventy-six families received an Average Earned Income Tax Credit = $1,750.
- An onsite Asset Organizer focuses on clients’ financial stability by promoting asset building and financial capability services, such as budgeting, debt reduction, credit report review, and matched savings accounts.